Early Learning Centre
St Joseph’s Early Learning Centre (ELC), as part of St Joseph’s Primary School, is growing in excellence within a Christ–centred community and embraces Catholic traditions, values and beliefs. Our nurturing environment provides diverse learning opportunities for every child within our highly-accredited Centre with fully qualified Early Childhood teachers and assistants.
We are now accepting 3 year old children for our preschool program in 2019. Enquire today.
- Our Curriculum, the EYLF (Early Years Learning Framework) play based program, encourages every child to be a competent learner, who can be resilient, capable, confident and self-assured
- The environment plays a key role in supporting and extending children’s development and learning
- Children learn and develop in different ways and at different rates and all areas of learning and development are equally important and interconnected
- Being part of St Joseph’s School community is a positive influence on the growth and development of our children.
- Parents are the prime educators of their children
The Early Learning Centre (ELC) accepts children who will be 4 years of age by 30 April in the year of enrolment. St Joseph's ELC is the regional Catholic preschool for the parishes of St Joseph’s, Blackfriars (Watson), St Michael’s (Kaleen), St Thomas More’s (Campbell) and St Vincent’s (Aranda) and because of this we are sensitive in developing a friendly, co-operative, community-minded Centre based upon Gospel values.
How to Enrol
ELC Enrolment Checklist
You can now enrol online at St Joseph's ELC by selecting the link above. Alternatively, submit the following paperwork and enrolment form directly to the school office. To complete the application form you will need to submit the following information. Original documents will need to be presented at the time of interview.
- Birth Certificate (not commemorative) or passport
- Certification of Baptism (if applicable)
- Student's Immunisation Records
- Family Law, Personal Protection Order or other relevant cour orders (if applicable)
- Previous ELC reports (if applicable)
- Visa grant notice for permanent and temprary visa holders (if applicable) - for both student and parent(s)/legal guardian(s), including passport copies of parents.
- Any medical reports and/or other assessment reports for students with additional learning needs (if applicable)
- Proof of residential address, such as rates notice, electricity, water or telephone bill.
If you submit your application online, you will receive an email with the completed application. Please ensure this document is signed accordingly (all relevant legal guardians and parents) and submitted to the school at the time of interview.
After submission (either online or in person) the school will contact you to inform the outcome of your application. Successful applicants will then receive an offer letter together with a ‘Parent Commitment Contract’ which needs to be signed by the student’s parents/legal guardians.
Documents and Policies
- St Joseph's ELC Information Handbook
- Enrolment Policy
- ELC Enrolment Form
- ACT Enrolment Pack
- Online Enrolment FAQs
|Before Preschool Care Hours||7:30am-9:00am|
|After Preschool Care Hours||3:00pm-6:00pm|
|Vacation Care||School holidays (excluding summer holidays)|
|Preschool Office Hours||8:30am-3:30pm|
|Phone Number||6257 2990|
|Fax Number||6249 1626|
ELC Account Details
|Account Name||St Joseph’s O’Connor ELC|