Early Learning Centre
Enrolling Now - 3 and 4 year olds
You are invited to join us for a tour of our school to learn more about what we have to offer your child. If you would like more detail, please contact the Centre anytime - 02 6257 2990.
St Joseph’s Early Learning Centre (ELC), as part of St Joseph’s Primary School, is growing in excellence within a Christ–centred community and embraces Catholic traditions, values and beliefs. Our nurturing environment provides diverse learning opportunities for every child within our highly-accredited Centre with fully qualified Early Childhood teachers and assistants. Watch this short video to see what our Preschool children love about Preschool.
- Our Curriculum, the EYLF (Early Years Learning Framework) play based program, encourages every child to be a competent learner, who can be resilient, capable, confident and self-assured
- The environment plays a key role in supporting and extending children’s development and learning
- Children learn and develop in different ways and at different rates and all areas of learning and development are equally important and interconnected
- Being part of St Joseph’s School community is a positive influence on the growth and development of our children.
- Parents are the prime educators of their children
The Early Learning Centre (ELC) is open to 3 and 4 year olds. Children must have turned three by 1 January for the year of their enrolment. St Joseph's ELC is the regional Catholic preschool for the parishes of St Joseph’s, Blackfriars (Watson), St Michael’s (Kaleen), St Thomas Moore’s (Campbell) and St Vincent’s (Aranda) and because of this we are sensitive in developing a friendly, co-operative, community-minded Centre based upon Gospel values.
HOW TO ENROL
You can now enrol online, through the online enrolment link:
To complete the application form, you will need to upload the following information. Original documents will need to be presented at the time of interview.
- Birth certificate (not commemorative) or passport.
- Certificate of Baptism (if applicable).
- Student’s immunisation records (applicable to all NSW schools and ACT Primary).
- Family Law, Personal Protection Order or Other Relevant Court Orders (if applicable).
- Any previous ELC reports (if available)
- Visa grant notice for permanent and temporary visa-holders (if applicable) – for both student and parent(s) / legal guardian(s)
- Any medical reports and/or other assessment reports for students with additional learning needs (if applicable).
- Proof of residential address, such as rates notice, electricity, water or telephone bill
Submission of an application does not guarantee a place in your school of choice. An offer for your first choice of ACT Catholic ELC will depend on your priority enrolment area.
A non-refundable application fee applies of $55 applies.
Once the application has been submitted, you will receive an email with the completed application. Please ensure this document is signed accordingly (all relevant legal guardians and parents) and submitted to the school at the time of interview.
Documents and Policies
- Catholic Education Policies and Supporting Information
- 2023 ELC Information Handbook.pdf
- National Law and Regulations
|Preschool Plus Hours||8.00am-5.30pm|
|Preschool Office Hours||8:30am-3:30pm|
|Phone Number||6257 2990|