Early Learning Centre
St Joseph’s Early Learning Centre (ELC), as part of St Joseph’s Primary School, is growing in excellence within a Christ–centred community and embraces Catholic traditions, values and beliefs. Our nurturing environment provides diverse learning opportunities for every child within our highly-accredited Centre with fully qualified Early Childhood teachers and assistants.
- Our Curriculum, the EYLF (Early Years Learning Framework) play based program, encourages every child to be a competent learner, who can be resilient, capable, confident and self-assured
- The environment plays a key role in supporting and extending children’s development and learning
- Children learn and develop in different ways and at different rates and all areas of learning and development are equally important and interconnected
- Being part of St Joseph’s School community is a positive influence on the growth and development of our children.
- Parents are the prime educators of their children
The Early Learning Centre (ELC) accepts children who will be 4 years of age by 30 April in the year of enrolment. St Joseph's ELC is the regional Catholic preschool for the parishes of St Joseph’s, Blackfriars (Watson), St Michael’s (Kaleen), St Thomas More’s (Campbell) and St Vincent’s (Aranda) and because of this we are sensitive in developing a friendly, co-operative, community-minded Centre based upon Gospel values.
HOW TO ENROL
You can now enrol online, through the online enrolment link:
To complete the application form, you will need to upload the following information. Original documents will need to be presented at the time of interview.
- Birth certificate (not commemorative) or passport.
- Certificate of Baptism (if applicable).
- Student’s immunisation records (applicable to all NSW schools and ACT Primary).
- Family Law, Personal Protection Order or Other Relevant Court Orders (if applicable).
- Any previous ELC reports (if available)
- Visa grant notice for permanent and temporary visa-holders (if applicable) – for both student and parent(s) / legal guardian(s)
- Any medical reports and/or other assessment reports for students with additional learning needs (if applicable).
- Proof of residential address, such as rates notice, electricity, water or telephone bill
The minimum age for enrolment in an ELC is 4 years by 30 April in the year of enrolment.
Submission of an application does not guarantee a place in your school of choice. An offer for your first choice of ACT Catholic ELC will depend on your priority enrolment area.
A non-refundable application fee applies of $50 applies.
Once the application has been submitted, you will receive an email with the completed application. Please ensure this document is signed accordingly (all relevant legal guardians and parents) and submitted to the school at the time of interview.
Documents and Policies
- Catholic Education Policies and Supporting Information
- 2022 ELC Enrolment Handbook.pdf
- Enrolment Policy
- ELC Enrolment Form
- ACT Enrolment Pack
- Online Enrolment FAQs
- National Law and Regulations
|Before Preschool Care Hours||7:30am-9:00am|
|After Preschool Care Hours||3:00pm-6:00pm|
|Preschool Office Hours||8:30am-3:30pm|
|Phone Number||6257 2990|
ELC Account Details
|Account Name||St Joseph’s O’Connor ELC|