Home > Our School

Our School

St Joseph’s School was founded by the Sisters of St Joseph who, inspired by Mary MacKillop, opened our school in 1956. It is the second oldest Catholic primary school in the ACT. We are proud of the heritage and history of our school and are ever mindful of the past as we embrace the future. Many of our families have past associations with the school and former students are enrolling their own children based on happy and positive memories of a much-loved school.

St Joseph’s School is located in the leafy inner-north Canberra suburb of O’Connor, an area abundant in well-established trees and gardens. It's a setting that contributes to the ambiance of the school and its surroundings. Our community is drawn from local suburbs as well as nearby villages in NSW. A resurgence of young families in the suburbs of O’Connor, Lyneham and Turner is contributing to more local enrolments.

The campus is made up of an eclectic mix of buildings, dating back to the original double-storey brick wing to the purpose-built Early Learning Centre and Library/Learning Hub.

The Early Learning Centre was opened in 2011 and offers pre-school and long day-care for four year olds. Our school is now proud to offer teaching and learning of excellence for Preschool to Year Six.

 

 

 

 

Back to Top